Our physical therapy clinic has an immediate need for an organized, reliable Back Office Administrative Assistant. The successful candidate will be responsible for fulfilling a myriad of administrative duties in the back of the office, including billing support, scheduling new patients, retrieving authorization, managing new and existing patient records and supporting the practice manager. We’re looking for a team player who thrives in a fast-paced environment and enjoys working directly with people. If you have experience in the medical field, you might be perfect for this position.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
• Perform clerical duties, take memos, maintain files and organize documents; photocopy, fax, etc.
• Manage and maintain files and patient records.
• Perform receptionist duties when needed.
• Update patient paperwork, maintain documents and enter information into databases.
• Retrieve authorization for Medicare and Workers Compensation patients.
• Verify insurance coverage and assist the billing department with processing claims.
• Protects patients' rights by maintaining confidentiality of personal and financial information.
• Obtains revenue by recording and updating financial information; recording and collecting patient charges; controlling credit extended to patients; filing, collecting, and expediting third-party claims.
• Proven admin or assistant experience
• Knowledge of office management systems and procedures
• Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work
• Attention to detail and problem solving skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong organizational and planning skills
• Proficient in MS Office
• High school diploma or equivalent
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax it to (530) 662-9093